Thursday, July 16, 2009

More bugs…


Monday, April 13, 2009 / current mood: grossed out
Today I met what is loosely translated into a “deer killer” spider. They are called this because they jump up and attack a deer and stick their teeth or stingers or whatever they have into the deer and kill it. It was a little spider, maybe about 2 inches long, it was white all over and had 8 creepy crawly legs. But the special part is that it also had 2 arms that reached out all scary and wanting to kill me like I was a deer.

First off I was thinking, oh God, oh God get that thing away from me. (The kitchen staff at the bar had caught it and put it in a jar.) Once I was informed of the name of the creepy crawly, my case of the willies began to subside and I was overcome with the absurd notion that they had deer here in Mexico. I’ve never seen a deer. Maybe because of this spider I haven’t. I’ve seen a bunch of mangy dogs and cats, a mini-horse, some peacocks, a turkey and some donkeys, but no deer.


This reminds me of a special day back when we lived in the trailer. I was asleep and all of a sudden the door opened and Scott shoved a jar in my face that contained the biggest, angriest most terrifying white scorpion I have ever seen. I already have issues with scorpions (remember the scorpion/leg hair incident) so imagine my reaction to being woken up from a dead sleep with one of the little devils right in my face.

The next day I wasn’t even entirely sure if it had happened, I thought maybe it was a horrible dream since Scott knows about my fear of scorpions. But when I asked he laughed and thought the look on my face when I saw the monster was apparently quite a hoot. The bastard.


0 comments:

Post a Comment